Programme d’accès à l’égalité des femmes 2015-2024
The purpose of the Programme d'accès à l'égalité des femmes dans l'industrie de la construction (PAEF) (Program for equal access for women in the construction industry) is to:
- Increase the number and proportion of women practising a trade or occupation in the construction industry
- Eliminate obstacles related to underrepresentation of women
- Rectify discriminatory and inequitable training and employment situations
The PAEF’s measures are focused around three orientations:
- To support women’s careers
- To create an environment that is encouraging, inclusive, and respectful
- To ensure shared responsibility
In addition, a number of tools to support a healthy, inclusive industry have been developed in recent years.
Organizations involved in the PAEF
The PAEF is an innovative industry-wide program within which organizations have cooperated to implement structural actions in the training and employment sectors of the construction industry.
In addition to the CCQ, the employer and union associations, some ministries and public agencies, different educational institutions, and ASP Construction have lent their support to PAEF 2015-2024.
Documentation on the presence of women in the construction industry
In addition to the PAEF reports, the CCQ is contributing to documentation of the presence of women in the construction industry, including with these publications that include data broken out by sex:
- Les femmes dans la construction – Portrait statistique (2022)
- Analysis of the situation of women in the construction industry (2011) and (2016)
- Withdrawals from the construction industry in Québec (2021) and (2008)
- Statistiques annuelles de l’industrie de la construction
To find more data on the construction industry, visit the section Studies and statistics.